Our school meals are of a high nutritious standard and are designed to be enjoyed by all children. Children have a choice of three meals each day; a hot meat dish (Red), a hot vegetarian or fish dish (Yellow), or a chilled choice (Blue) with a choice of sandwich filling. Each is offered with a choice of dessert e.g. fruit, yogurt, a hot pudding etc. and a drink of water. If your child has special dietary requirements, please speak to your child’s class teacher or the office so we are able to meet their needs.
Alternatively, children are allowed to bring their own packed lunch to eat at school. They are also encouraged to bring a suitable drink to enjoy with their packed lunch e.g. fruit juice, water, low sugar squash etc. (no glass bottles please). Please provide your own cutlery for yogurts/salads etc. from home.
As part of our Healthy Schools Policy, children have access to fresh drinking water from water coolers. The children will be provided with their own water bottle.
The children are supervised during lunch by a team of Lunchtime Assistants who provide a caring, sociable and enjoyable lunchtime for all.
LUNCH TIME MENUS
See what’s on the menu this week or download a copy to print at home. Our menus work on a three-week cycle to make sure there is a variety and choice.
School lunches are charged at £2.40 per day and should be paid in advance using our Online Payment System.
Download and print a copy of the – Lunch Menu
Free School Meals
You can claim free school meals for a child who lives with you and who you are responsible for.
Your claim will be automatically processed if you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction and get any of the qualifying benefits.
Your child is eligible for Free School Meals if you get one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Cr Provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 (as of 2014 financial year) as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run-on. Paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
For more information, please visit the webiste link to apply
Alternatively, download the following form and email or post to RMBC (see form for instructions):