Welcome to Rockingham Early Years. We are an excellent quality, warm and friendly daycare setting for children aged 2 & 3 years in the Rotherham area. We work closely with parents to ensure each child is nurtured in our setting helping them reach their true potential.
Welcome to the team -
Recent activities at REY
- Maths – positional language.This week linked to our book of the week Goldilocks and the three bears 🐻. We are been looking at following simple instructions – positional language . The children have placed baby bear in a number of different places in relation to his bowl . The children have shown great listening and understanding skills in order to follow the instructions . Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Letters and sounds .This week some of our children have been looking at phase 1 letters and sounds aspect 4 rhythm and rhyme . The children have been identifying picture card clues and matching them to objects and sounds that rhyme . We have also looked at phase 1 aspect 3 body percussion following a rhythm and beat to copy actions and gestures. The children also used the drum sticks to listen for a loud and quiet beat and copy . The children have done really well and enjoyed the activities. Share this:Click to
- Physical Development in REYOur Early Years children really enjoy visiting our school hall for their physical development. They have been learning how to roll, creep and crawl. Some wonderful gross motor skills were evident today. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- PSED- How does baby bear feel ? 🐻This week in Early years for the book Goldilocks and the three bears we have been thinking how baby baby felt when he saw that all his porridge had gone ,how he may have felt when he saw his chair broken as well thinking how he may feel getting out in the forest with his mummy and daddy for a walk to keep active. The children then created facial expressions by adding eyes, nose and a mouth to baby bear to represent how he felt in their opinion. Share this:Click to share on Twitter
- Special Mentions ⭐️This week we had such a fantastic special mentions. Our children have completed some fabulous learning. We’ve had French and Chinese languages explored, history and computing. It has been so wonderful to celebrate their amazing achievements especially 3F winning the Sumdog competition for the whole of Rotherham this week. Cairon won the Head Teacher’s award for his mature attitude and confidence within Numeracy. We are so proud of you all. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in
Rockingham Early Years
Rockingham Junior & Infant School
Tel: 01709 740266
Meet the REY Team
Click below to download a list of staff who are here to help at Rockingham Early Years.
REY Staff Booklet
Download the Rockingham Early Years Prospectus below.