Our children in Y1/2P are thoroughly enjoying learning outdoors as you can see from their beaming smiles.
On Friday, we used our Outdoor Learning area to learn the following:
- We used the stepping logs to count on from any given number between 0 and 80
- We carefully counted items up to 20 to complete our autumn-themed Treasure Hunt in small teams
- We used adjectives to describe the surroundings using our senses
- We practised our speaking and listening skills by communicating in pairs, and by being imaginative in the mud kitchen
- We practised our Phase 4 phonemes and used these to think of words
- We independently read the Treasure Hunt list, which contained a variety of words up to and including Phase 4